New F11 for the XO-1 build 5

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at
Thu Aug 13 17:22:09 EDT 2009

--- On Thu, 8/13/09, James Cameron <quozl at> wrote:

> From: James Cameron <quozl at>
> Subject: Re: New F11 for the XO-1  build 5
> To: "Steven M. Parrish" <smparrish at>
> Cc: "OLPC Testing" <testing at>, "OLPC Development" <devel at>, "Fedora OLPC List" <fedora-olpc-list at>
> Date: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 1:47 AM
> Boot tested, nothing unusual seen.
> rtcwake testing has shown that it needs --utc after the
> first shutdown.
> Prior to then the /etc/adjtime file is zero.

In my hands both time 'rtcwake -um mem -a -s 10' and 'time rtcwake -m mem -a -s 10' are a hit and miss. '-um' is better (~50%) while without the UCT option is hardly 10%. Usually
the first time after is invoked with the UTC option.
Screen blanking though within olpc-powerd, does not work if the XO is asleep (OK before sleeping).
I could not find the powerd log anywhere in /var/log or /etc/powerd. Are the moved somewhere else or removed altogether because of the VM problem?