Candidate "paper cut" bugs for a new 8.2.x release?
mikus at bga.com
Mon Aug 10 16:44:53 EDT 2009
> chance ... a 8.2.x release aimed at fixing the "paper cuts" and
> low-risk bugs that hinder XO-1 deployability _today_ in the field -
> have *you* got any candidates? Tell me about them :-)
I myself don't really "patch" -- mostly all I do is to add things to
make the XO more "usable" (as a Linux system). Examples:
- /etc/rsyncd.conf to simplify file transfers between XOs
- setup bash-completion to recognize .xo files
- (on 0.84) keep many Activities completely on SD card
- link in commercial plugins for Activities to access
- link non-sugar multimedia applications after install build
- install .rpms I use that not already in build
- modify system elements to recognize my proxy
- also some appearance modifications
One "patch" that I've done is rename Write.activity/keybindings.xml
so I can invoke full abiword (but I believe this rename takes away
"simple" commands that kids expect).
Could you please make this a two-way street, and *list* what you've
gathered. Likely there exist patches that I don't know about that I
could apply myself, without having to wait for a new "release".
More information about the Devel