Candidate "paper cut" bugs for a new 8.2.x release?

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Mon Aug 10 16:44:53 EDT 2009

> chance ... a 8.2.x release aimed at fixing the "paper cuts"[1] and
> low-risk bugs that hinder XO-1 deployability _today_ in the field -
> have *you* got any candidates? Tell me about them :-)

I myself don't really "patch" -- mostly all I do is to add things to
make the XO more "usable" (as a Linux system).  Examples:

   -  /etc/rsyncd.conf to simplify file transfers between XOs
   -  setup bash-completion to recognize .xo files
   -  (on 0.84) keep many Activities completely on SD card
   -  link in commercial plugins for Activities to access
   -  link non-sugar multimedia applications after install build
   -  install .rpms I use that not already in build
   -  modify system elements to recognize my proxy
   -  also some appearance modifications

One "patch" that I've done is rename Write.activity/keybindings.xml
so I can invoke full abiword (but I believe this rename takes away
"simple" commands that kids expect).

Could you please make this a two-way street, and *list* what you've
gathered.  Likely there exist patches that I don't know about that I
could apply myself, without having to wait for a new "release".

mikus