NOW: Contributors Program Mtg! (Fri 2PM Boston time, #olpc-meeting)
holt at laptop.org
Fri Aug 7 14:10:11 EDT 2009
Please join us (right now!) reviewing the latest OLPC/Sugar community
projects over IRC Live Chat, 2PM EDT Boston Time Friday:
Then type at bottom:
* New projects & libraries -- teaching them Community Outreach:
* Which projects might you enjoy Mentoring?!
* Fast Review of the 3 latest (greatest!) HW/Project Proposals -- please
join us advocating for and/or reviewing shortcomings of these proposals:
1. Notalon: New Note-Taking Software - Cambridge, MA, USA
Requests 1 XO's over 9 months
Project Objectives: Develop a version of Notalon for the XO that allows
students to take notes on books and during lectures within an application
specifically designed for note-taking, encouraging organizational skills.
2. OLPC Philippines: Kindling Discoveries Pilot Program
Requests 50 XO's over 12 months
1. Successfully design and deploy a scalable and sustainable pilot
program in an elementary public school with an inaugural class of 30-35
2. Use good and best practices from initial pilot program to support
XO deployment programs throughout the Philippines.
3. Facilitate development of Philippine-centric content for XO
laptops with partner academic institutions and volunteer developers.
4. Grow community of different stakeholders/supporters ranging from
educators, academic institutions, developers, business leaders,
philanthropist, etc. that can support future deployment and content
5. Share best deployment practices and valuable content for the
benefit of the global OLPC community.
3. OLPC Bayern Library - Munich/Munchen, Germany
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Bayern (NEEDS REVISING)
Requests 15 XO's over 18 months
Translate the english manuals into a German/understandable version.
Examine the look and feel of the laptop and how to provide more
useful online help on the laptop for the different target groups (eg.
developer, child, teacher, other people...)
Test the help and search for improve potential
The idea of OLPC is good. To see what potential is possible in
technical writer environment we will look on the system and
seek to write useful help text for user.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Devel