Disk layout for XO-1.5

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 08:18:55 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 11:52 PM, Albert Cahalan<acahalan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Gentlemen, before LVM can be considered, we need
>>
>>  - fs resize that is fail-safe in the face of powerloss, for the fs
>> types we plan to use.
>>
>>  - lvm resize that is fail-safe in the face of powerloss
>
> Unless you have a bug number, this is FUD. Where is
> the bug number?

No no. Missing feature. I cannot see any mention of atomicity, data
safety in the face of powerloss or similar interruptions and recovery
procedures.

> BTW, note that the flash disk itself is not certain to be
> fail-safe in the face of powerloss. Neither the firmware

Sure. In practice it seems to be extremely safe, as wedged NAND is one
thing we haven't seen in the field (or on our dev machines). And jffs2
is designed to survive unclean shutdowns.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions