New F11-for-XO1 build is available and needs testing

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sun Aug 2 09:12:04 EDT 2009

Tomeu,  I have great difficulty in dealing with your responses to
the posts I make.  What I had written was a reply to Steven Parrish
asking "I would appreciate testing and feedback".  It was my intent
to provide feedback on "system-related" matters that in my opinion
deserved being brought to the notice of "system-related" developers.

You either trust what I report, or you don't.  I am a volunteer, not
under any contract to delve into the causes of problems.  If the
descriptions I give are not enough for you to recognize a problem --
fine -- let my concern lie until someone more important than me
encounters it (or let the matter die if noone else sees it).

If you thought I was asking for your help to solve a problem for
__me__, you were wrong.  I mentioned what was my concern in order to
"alert" developers that there may be something that might affect the
perception of the __product__ (if it were delivered "as is").

> Some if the info here may help?
> https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9324

No, it didn't.  There are too many references to other tickets and
to other facilities such as GTK, for me to understand what's what.

In any case, when running the "OS3 build", there is no change in the
text size of the Journal View entries, nor in the text size of the
"Menu Bar" in firefox, when I change the value in .Xresources

> Explaining where that message was logged and including the full logs may help

I really do not understand why you are asking this, unless by simply
questioning the *way* I said something, you intend to reject *what*
I said.

I started firefox by typing in its name at the command line in
Terminal.  The message subsequently appeared on the screen in that
Terminal session.  [The message also appeared within the output of
the 'Error Console' in firefox, when I explicitly looked at that.]

"Including full logs may help" -- I am unaware of any "full logs"
written by firefox.  And the only other logs I can think of - those
in /var/log - in my opinion contain nothing about running firefox.

mikus