Battery recovery issues

Philipp Kocher philipp.kocher at gmx.net
Wed Apr 29 03:17:17 EDT 2009

Emiliano Pastorino wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to recover a battery than seems to be broken.
> This is what I've done so far:
>
> - I've plugged the battery on an unsecured XO.
>
> - When I run "watch-battery" from the ok prompt, I get a "No battery"
> message.
>
> - I tried "see-bstate" and I get an infinite output of "0 1 2 0 1 2 0 1
> 2 0 1 2...."
>
> - Battery led never flashes.
>
> - If I use a known good battery, I get all the expected results (led
> turns on, nice
> output from the commands above).
>
> Besides, I tried to use batman.fth, but when I run "fload
> nand:\batman.fth" I get
> "The file 'nand:\olpc.fth' cannot be opened".
> I've downloaded batman.fth from
> http://dev.laptop.org/pub/firmware/scripts/batman.fth
> and placed it in / .

Put batman.fth in /home/olpc and try "fload nand:\home\olpc\batman.fth".

nand:\ at the ok prompt is not / in linux, check with "dir nand:\" at
the ok prompt.

Try to reset the battery with "1w-init bat-set-low" and "bat-recover", I
have seen a battery with the see-bstate problem working afterwards.

Good luck.