Fixing bash script bogosity - help?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Tue Apr 28 05:17:48 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams
<ivazqueznet at> wrote:
>> # in the script, the CMD is built up as a string
>> CMD="touch $@"

That repeats what we know already. The thing is that we are building
the command as a string for runuser, which wants it as a parameter.

It is an interesting question, I think. Can you make my sample script
work, while still handling $CMD as a string? Some sample input for the

$ ./ ./ "this is file one" "this is file two" "file
with doublequotes \" in it"

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- School Server Architect