Check this out

Albert Cahalan acahalan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 14:59:21 EDT 2009

Aaron Konstam writes:

> Unfortunately, currently it seems to be only able to
> translate whole pages not words or paragraphs.

The more you have, the better you can translate:

I offered several different types of foods. They liked
a banana more than onions, roast beef, garlic, or beets.
In general, fruit flies like a banana.

We tested numerous items in our trebuchet. A flower didn't
fly very far. A lead sinker went really far. A banana went
a medium distance. In general, fruit flies like a banana.

(and this is why text-to-speech is a very hard problem)

Look up "run" or "set" in a dictionary if you still have hope
of single-word translation.

Now add idioms and bad grammar:

I threw my mother from the train a kiss goodbye.

Ouch!