[IAEP] Fwd: Heart Rate Monitor Peripheral

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Fri Apr 10 07:01:25 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 01:40:57PM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> There are two separate issues I encountered with TA (and Measure).
>> One is the need for patches to the alsa audio to accommodate the
>> special OLPC hardware modifications.
>That would need to be accepted upstream by the alsa project, and then
>distros will automatically get the changes when they are part of a

Or (less effective but sometimes possible if in a hurry): Convince
distributions to accept patches, even if upstream rejects it (or
temporarily while upstream procedures might be slow).

For Debian, the package this would probably land in would be
alsa-firmware-loaders (if I understand it correctly), and the people to
contact about it are reachabel on this email address:

pkg-alsa-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org

Sometimes it might even ease upstream adoption if first working with
distributions on shaping/polishing patches.

Kind regards,

  - Jonas

- --

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)