Fwd: Hints for ext3 filesystems on flash...

Tiago Marques tiagomnm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 12:59:19 EDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tiago Marques <tiagomnm at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 5:58 PM
Subject: Re: Hints for ext3 filesystems on flash...
To: Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Mitch,
>
> I'm working on getting bootable ext3 images to put on SD cards to use
> on the XO, to run the XS distro.

I've been doing these kinds of tests but using ext2, which has been working
fine and should provide more durability. If you still want to go the ext3
route, take a look at this, if you haven't already:
http://thunk.org/tytso/blog/2009/03/01/ssds-journaling-and-noatimerelatime/
I have had to have rootdelay=11 in olpc.fth, since my sdcard sometimes takes
10s to get detected instead of 0.5s or less, as usual. I'm using the kernel
from OLPC's repositories, snapshot from last saturday.
Best regards,
                               Tiago Marques