Occasional stuck keys on devanagari keyboard

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Wed Apr 8 19:48:13 EDT 2009

On 8 Apr 2009, at 07:20, Bryan Berry wrote:

> I have about 40 XO's out of 2000 so far that occasionally show "stuck
> keys" in the corners of the keyboard, particularly the frame, fn, and
> right arrow key. The keys seem to stick occasionally but not
> consistently. For instance, w/ 5 XO's yesterday the keys were stuck on
> the first boot. On the second boot the problem  went away. Today, I
> powered on the same XO's and the keys were stuck on the first boot.
> The
> problem went away on the second boot.
>
> We have firmware Q2E33
>
> Can anyone shed some insight on this problem?

My (hardware) stuck XO-1 key experience was intermittent. Opening/
closing, moving, slight case flexing was enough to stop or start the
issue. If it is the old hardware issue (and keys around the edge did
seem to be the ones effected), the ~30min sticky tape fix worked and
continues to work today for me (6 months on):

	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Stuck_keys#Fix

Regards,
--Gary