Education Humor! Get a new perspective...

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at
Tue Apr 7 17:58:41 EDT 2009

Some of you who are working on this wonderful education project may never have experienced the joy of actually being in a a teacher.  This was sent to me by a retired teacher friend.  I have no doubt that somewhere, at some time every one of these things happened...perhaps more than once.  This is why when developing software for children the mantra should be "expect the unexpected".  Enjoy!

 Kids Are Quick
TEACHER:   Maria, go to the map and find  North America  .
MARIA:         Here it is.
TEACHER:   Correct. Now class, who discovered  America  ?
CLASS:         Maria.

TEACHER: John, why are you doing your math multiplication on the floor?
JOHN:         You told me to do it without using tables.

TEACHER: Glenn, how do you spell 'crocodile?'
GLENN:         K-R-O-K-O-D-I-A-L'
TEACHER:  No, that's wrong
GLENN:         Maybe it is wrong, but you asked me how I spell it.
(I Love this kid)

TEACHER: Donald, what is the chemical formula for water?
DONALD:     H I J K L M N O.
TEACHER:  What are you talking about?
DONALD:     Yesterday you said it's H to O.

TEACHER:  Winnie, name one important thing we have today that we didn't
have ten years ago.
WINNIE:       Me!

TEACHER:  Glen, why do you always get so dirty?
GLEN:           Well, I'm a lot closer to the ground than you are.

TEACHER:    Millie, give me a sentence starting with '  I.  '
MILLIE:           I is..
TEACHER:    No, Millie..... Always say, 'I am.'
MILLIE:           All right...  'I am the ninth letter of the

TEACHER:   George Washington not only chopped down his father's cherry
tree, but also admitted it.  Now, Louie, do you know why his father
didn't punish him?
LOUIS:          Because George still had the axe in his hand.

TEACHER: Now, Simon, tell me frankly, do you say prayers before eating?
SIMON:        No sir, I don't have to, my Mom is a good cook.

TEACHER:    Clyde  , your composition on 'My Dog' is exactly the same as
your brother's. Did you copy his?
CLYDE :       No, sir. It's the same dog.

 TEACHER:  Harold, what do you call a person who keeps on talking when
people are no longer interested?
HAROLD:   A teacher