XS Restore UI and account aliasing are ready for testing...

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 15:26:09 EDT 2009

Over the last few days^Wweeks I have been trying to finish off the
'restore' side of our backup infrastructure, as well as the account
aliasing needed to handle the "replaced laptop" scenario.

I've just pushed the last patch, everything works well and tests well
for me. More eyes are welcome.

What are we testing? the 'restore' UI for
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Blueprints:Datastore_Simple_Backup_and_Restore

And then, the same restore UI in combination with...
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Blueprints:User_account_aliasing#Notes

And, tangentially, https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8140

How to test it?

 - Get a few laptops with 8.2 - upgrade Browse to the latest
8.2-compatible version (101 I think)

 - Setup a XS 5.2 and grab my development version of moodle -
instructions here:
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/server-devel/2009-March/003126.html

 - You'll need another laptop to login as 'admin' (the password is in
/etc/moodle/adminpw), browse to the user's profile page and set the
aliasing. (Working on fixing this.)

 - Perform the tests as described in the blueprint pages above...

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions