Flash tests

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Tue Sep 30 13:53:27 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 7:37 PM, John Watlington <wad at laptop.org> wrote:

> I just checked Flash10 with 8.2-765.
>
> The results are the same as with earlier versions of Flash:

The flash games in the ceibal tests are still unplayable, but their
performance is greatly improved, just go back to the Flash 9 plugin
and you will see it. Youtube videos become viewable with Flash 10
although it doesn't play totally smoothly.

In my opinion, Flash 10 improves significantly the flash experience on
the XO and it would be worth studying if it should be recommended
instead of Flash 9.

> Did this really have to be sent to olpc-sur without a cursory
> check first ?

As I said above, I actually did compared both versions.

> Castle Wars is doesn't function correctly, and is unplayable.
>
> The video in "Hulk Central Smashdown" shows only two
> frames, and the game is unplayable due to slowness in
> rendering.

I don't think we should expect games like "Hulk Central Smashdown" to
become playable at any time soon.

Regards,

Tomeu