[sugar] Signed candidate-765 and gg-765-2 builds available for testing.

S Page info at skierpage.com
Tue Sep 30 08:23:09 EDT 2008

> Important: has anyone successfully upgraded/installed to the signed
> "candidate-765"?

1.  I retried `sudo olpc-update candidate-765` from 8.2-763 on a secure
(developer.sig moved away) XO.  This time it worked fine.

2.  I followed http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Clean-install_procedure to go
back to build 650 (for that Christmas 2007 ship.1 feel :-) ) on a secure XO.
   su -l
   olpc-update candidate-765
succeeded, after errors in irsync_pristine and irsync dirty but
apparently no out-of-memory problems.   This wasn't a perfect test
because I didn't revert firmware as well, I was on latest q2e18 firmware
throughout.

After reboot Software update's Checking for updates hung in Loading
groups... , just as Walter Bender reported to testing list.  I think
this is bug 8681, fixed in build 766.
shell.log had two
  WARNING root: Activity directory lacks a MANIFEST file.
then exception from  actinfo.py, line 138, in get_activity_group_urls
with open( USER_GROUPS_FILE, 'w') that "No such file or directory:
'/home/olpc/Activities/.groups'

3.  Carlo Falciola updated from 711 (8.1.2) to candidate-765 using
olpc-update -usb, see separate e-mail.

I changed the wiki Sunday night and I think all the links and banners
mentioning "candidate-765" work.

Nobody replied to my question about the gg-765-2 image below.

--
=S Page   user:skierpage