#7788 Touchpad behavior, [was 8.2.0 blockers stats and status]

Ton van Overbeek tvoverbeek at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 10:02:14 EDT 2008

What about #7788 (Worse touchpad behavior in 8.2).
It is still there even in 8.2-765, at least on my XO-1.
I am not the only one seeing this, Daniel Drake (dsd) complained about this
while developing the bridge activity in the physics jam and I have also seen
other mails on the list.
My hunch is that somehow the EC and the kernel psmouse code get out of sync
since it always starts OK after boot, but then deteriorates later.

There is no reason to block the release for this, but I believe something
about this should be mentioned in the release notes.

Ton van Overbeek