gcompris activities regression

s.boutayeb at free.fr s.boutayeb at free.fr
Sun Sep 28 13:36:32 EDT 2008

Bonjour Bruno,

I have just installed the last release on a xo. The installation procesure with
xoget failed, an I used the alternative with wget.

The gcompris-activity runs well.
However, if I try to launch an activity in the "letter"-group of activities, I
get following error message:
"Error: the activity requires that you first install the packages with GCompris
voices for the locale 'fr' or 'en'.

This error occurs again on the LiveCD (for example in the version from
ftp://rohrmoser-engineering.de/pub/XO-LiveCD/XO-LiveCD_080919.iso ), which are
an important promotion tool, especially in France, where the liveCD is the
unique possibility to explore GCompris in the sugar environment.

Bravo encore for the impressive work

Bien cordialement

Bests

Samy