candidate-765, Activities directory deleted while running Software Update

rihoward1 at gmail.com rihoward1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 03:46:05 EDT 2008

While running software update  for candidate-765 the Activities
directory was deleted.
This was not during the initial run of Software Update after booting
on completion of
olpc-update but when called from the control panel
Note I had added http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/Joyride to the
Upgrade Groups.
While software update was running a warning dialog came up stating
the journal was full.
This seemed to happen while WikiBrowse_English was downloading.
Then when I checked how much free space I had I saw I had
approximately 200 MB free.

I then went to check the contents of the /home/olpc/Activities
directory in the virtual terminal but the Activities directory was
missing!!!!
Running Software Update after this happened failed to download any
activities.  Also it failed to create a new Activities directory.

This problem occurred with a system that had 656 upgraded to
candidate-765 using olpc-update.