Signed candidate-765 and gg-765-2 builds available for testing.

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Fri Sep 26 23:00:56 EDT 2008

After checking with Joe this evening and having previously discussed the
necessary security signoffs with Mitch, Richard, Scott, Andres, and
Deepak, I have decided to publish 8.2-765 as a signed Candidate in the
interests of spurring easier and more widespread testing over the
weekend. I have also published gg-765-2, a signed G1G1 candidate
composite image, created by Scott. gg-765-2 is similar to what we hope
to put into manufacturing next week.

 http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/os/candidate/765/     (raw os)
 http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/custom/g1g1/gg-765-2/ (G1G1 composite)
 olpc-update candidate-765                             (olpc-update)

 http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Friends_in_testing          (the usual)
 http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Customization_stick         (make your own)
 http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Image_builder               (next steps)
 http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Software_update             (activity groups)

Enjoy,

Michael

P.S. - You should expect an 8.2-766 with minor changes either over the
weekend or on Monday; however, it will be substantially the same as 765,
so please get started on 765 now.