Taking 8.2-763 On The Road

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 24 22:56:57 EDT 2008

Hi All,

Last night I was successful in updating my test machine (the one with the repaired keyboard) to build 8.2-763 and updated all the needed Activities and added the Help Activity.  It was a "piece of cake," now that I know how to do it.

I was very pleased to find the FLOSS manual in the help activity...available without internet access (I turned off my router to test it). It was fun to see the few words I had contributed to it on the XO!

Tomorrow (Thursday) morning we will be leaving to return to California.  It will take us most of the rest of this week.  I plan to "field" test it as we go, using internet connections in motels and other locations.  I will also be traveling to an area in Nevada (Great Basin NP) where there is no internet and, probably, no cell phone service.

So I will have the opportunity to play NuB with no connections.  Let's see how it goes!

BTW, this new build is very nice.  If you haven't  downloaded a developer key yet, you should do it and join in the testing of this build.  The better we can help make it before it ships, the fewer problem calls we will have from our new donors this winter!

Caryl