Please help test our new best 8.2.0 candidate, 8.2-763!

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Wed Sep 24 10:51:15 EDT 2008

Hi Luya,

On 24 Sep 2008, at 11:20, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:

> I would like to test with XO B4 but my concern is about suspend issue
> which does not at
> all. Should I try anyway?
>
> Luya

I've only have an XO B4 here and have been running the builds (and
making bug reports) just fine. The auto suspend features are disabled
on a B4 machine, and you can't put the machine to sleep by closing the
lid (or pressing the power button as once used to work in the original
6xx release). However, you can make use of the extreme power saving or
the specific radio on/off network option** if you don't need network
access.

** on my B4 either of these seems to have the same effect, so us
B4'ers are probably not seeing the full effect of extreme power saving.

--Gary