[sugar] Tagged Journal Proposal

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Tue Sep 23 21:07:45 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 7:48 PM, Eben Eliason <eben.eliason at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am a little unsure what the Actions, Objects and Labels tabs do however.
>
> They are alternate views, or ways of organizing, the data.  The
> action/object split is elaborated upon in the posted Journal designs.
> (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Designs/Toolbars)  I'm not sure what
> "Labels" is.  Scott?

Yes, I drew the 'object' view.  The 'action' view is at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Designs/Journal.  I don't really know
whether the tagging and filtering makes sense in the Action view, but
I would like it to.  Perhaps 'actions which include objects matching
the current search' is what is displayed?

The 'Labels' view is my fuzzy thinking about 'saved searches'.  I'd
like to be able to save any current search as a label to be applied;
the 'Labels' view would let you view and edit those saved searches.  I
don't have a good design for that, and I'm certainly not certain it
should be accorded equal weight with the 'object' and 'action' views.
Ideas welcome.  This is power-user territory: unless either I or
someone else gets better ideas about how it would work, I'm inclined
to omit it for now.
  --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )