Tagged Journal Proposal

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Tue Sep 23 16:35:29 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz
<bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:

> C. Scott Ananian wrote:
> | A hand-drawn proposal for what a Journal supporting "directory
> | traversal" as well as tag space exploration is in the attached PDF.
> | Discussion welcome!
>
> Could you please point me to a description of the semantics for these
> "ordered tags"?  Since I do not know how the tags are meant to work, I
> cannot provide any feedback on the UI.

Previous discussion:
 http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/sugar/2008-September/008432.html

Briefly: in addition to specifying multiple tags as "a b c" you can
also separate some of the tags with slashes, like "a/b c".  A search
for "a/b" only turns up entries tagged "a/b" not entries tagged "b/a"
or "a b", although a search for "a b" turns up all of them.

Most of the tag browsing is borrowed from either gmail or epiphany;
Eduardo's walkthrough of epiphany at the link above should give you a
good idea.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )