release 8.2 build 762 still has olpc-update manifest failure at line 383 problem

Ton van Overbeek tvoverbeek at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 12:45:59 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 12:32 PM, rihoward1 at gmail.com
<rihoward1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The olpc_update manifest failure problem is still there.
>
> "
> Rsyncing: etc/alsa
> Verifying update.
> Contents manifest failure at line 383
> Last file examined:  localtime
> Attempt olpc_update_irsync_pristine....
> "
>
> then it restarts the update.

Huh?
Which version of olpc-update are you running?
If you are updating to 8.2-762 you are by definition *not* running the
olpc_update of build 762, but the one from your current build.
I update regularly from Update.1-708 (because I want to keep it as
alternate boot)
to joyride or 8.2 builds and then of course run the 708 version of
olpc-update, which
has this problem.
So I am always using the full update option on 708, which is way faster than
letting it run twice.

Ton van Overbeek