New release8.2 build 762

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Tue Sep 23 01:47:01 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 1:41 AM, Bobby Powers <bobbypowers at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm curious as to why the olpc specific numpy, python and python-lib
> rpms didn't make it into 761/2.  are they too risky?

They apply patches for python -OO support, but we're not planning on
running with python -OO in 8.2, so there's no compelling reason to
include them.  It's not even turned on in joyride yet.

I should probably turn on -OO in the joyride branch "soon" -- Michael
says he's got several incorrect uses of the python 'assert' statement
in the rainbow code he ought to fix when that happens, though.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )