Public Relations, regular updates and news (was: Peru and Microsoft announcement)

Ixo X oxI ixo at myna.ws
Wed Sep 17 00:07:18 EDT 2008

And to add 2 cents further,. . . about public announcements and reports of
current events...

. . . about 6 months ago.... a handful of us "cheerful support-gang
volunteer types"  started to put together a 'public friendly' newsletter of
the various happenings....  we got one issue out, and then no one carried
the flag forward.

  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Weekly_zine/0

A great piece of work, I must say myself... :) but 'weekly' was just too
quick between issues.

We got a bit ambitious on what we wanted to do, and there weren't quite
enough hands to keep it going. ;-/   The issue took about 2 weeks to pull
together, with help from about a dozen people.

There's been a recent influx of new 'Support Gang' members, so maybe there's
enough new blood to help carry it forward ?

*hint*  *hint*   *poke*  *grin*
-Ixo