Help the Help activity!

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Tue Sep 16 19:11:45 EDT 2008

On 16 Sep 2008, at 22:46, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:

> Tried to install (on joyride 2442) with sugar-install-bundle.  It
> gave me the error message: MalformedBundleException: All files in
> the bundle must be inside a single directory whose name ends with
> "*.activity"

Not sure if this is related, but just updated my XO to joyride-2444
and used the Control Panel to download Help-3. There was also a new
version of Etoys-93 that updated fine, but Sugar reset/rebooted its
self on 3 separate attempts while trying to install Help.

4th time worked with no crash and on a cursory look Help seems to have
arrived in working order (if needing some CSS love to make it more
Sugarised).

At the time as sugar was resetting/rebooting I had two remote ssh
sessions open, one was running top (system was clearly busy as
expected), the other was running a rolling track of memory usage (free
-s 3), but showed no obvious memory spikes just prior to the crashes
(120Mb+ free) – suggesting the software updater related crashes may be
nothing to do with OOM conditions...

              total       used       free     shared    buffers
cached
Mem:        235756     212900      22856          0          0
99520
-/+ buffers/cache:     113380     122376
Swap:            0          0          0

Plenty of free nand space also (df -h):

mtd0                  1.0G  519M  506M  51% /
tmpfs                  35M     0   35M   0% /dev/shm

--Gary

P.S. Email if you want to see a specific log from somewhere,
my .xsession happened to have a bunch of stuff enabled at the time due
to other tickets I've been tracking.

export GABBLE_DEBUG=all
export GABBLE_LOGFILE=/home/olpc/.sugar/default/logs/telepathy-
gabble.log
export SALUT_DEBUG=all
export SALUT_LOGFILE=/home/olpc/.sugar/default/logs/telepathy-salut.log
export PRESENCESERVICE_DEBUG=1
export SUGAR_LOGGER_LEVEL=debug