Recovery connector?

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Tue Sep 16 17:38:43 EDT 2008

Ricardo Carrano wrote:

> Thank you for your care and advice.
>
> This B2s belongs to a University in Rio, that actually has 23 B2s.
> They are pretty useful devices for networking tests and I am helping
> this group to mount a sparse mesh testbed with them. We already
> "saved" this B2 by using his screen to replace the bad screen in
> another one, so the group end up with the same 22 active B2s.
>
> As people play with this B2s (and even brick them) we are forming a
> group of people that will help us develop our mesh network. And though
> the user experience cannot be simulated with the old B2s, there is a
> lot that can be done with them, in terms of tuning the low level mesh
> parameters.
>
> I still have my own testbed with B4 models and my G1G1 unit. ;-)

Using B2's for spare parts is a excellent idea.

Again though, please encourage them to trade in their B2's. We have said
we will replace B2's with MP's for developers.  Replacing 23 units will
take a bit of time and planning but we really do want to retire the B2s.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child