XOs resisting activation

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 16:53:39 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 8:04 AM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at cscott.net> wrote:
> You need a signed build if you are going to enable security.  759 is
> not signed.  714 is the most recent signed build.

Odd. I am pretty sure we tested the simple lease server (on port 191)
before with machines that had 8.2-757.

Maybe they had a signed 70x as 'alternative OS' and a new run of
olpc-update has removed it (as now the "backup OS" slot is taken by
8,2-757?

For the record, what we are seeing is that the machines do not seem
take the lease file from a vfat formatted usb drive. They do not try
the network either. The first thing we see upon booting is the "will
shutdown in 10s" msg.

How do we get out of this one... or have we bricked the machines?

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions