XO screen pulses after "standby", OOM afterwards

S Page info at skierpage.com
Mon Sep 15 17:50:02 EDT 2008

James Cameron wrote:

> Did you have anything connected on the USB ports?
No.

> On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 04:42:08PM -0700, S Page wrote:
>> * I press the power on button, nothing happens.  So press it some more,
>> also press some random keyboard keys.
>
> This suggests it is deaf to the power button.
Sort of; a minute or so later, the screen pulsed on and off.

Chris Ball wrote:
>    > 2.  khubd in D state while the symptom was happening, and in S
>    > state when the symptom had cleared,
>
> I'd say that the khubd hang makes this exceedingly likely to be #8301,
> which was a major bug fixed between 759 and 760.  Please re-test with
> 8.2-760.

Great, that bug sounds like what happens after the system is incredibly
slow to resume.  But is it also the reason my system was so slow to come
out of standby in the first place and why ohmd was chewing up so much CPU?

So far I haven't had this problem on 8.2-760.  FWIW my XO screen has yet
to go blank/"standby" on 760; it goes dim after ~20 seconds of
inactivity but doesn't turn off.

Thanks so much for your responses and fixes!
--
=S