Feedback on 759 joyride

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Mon Sep 15 11:38:47 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Pia Waugh <greebo at pipka.org> wrote:
>  - pippy apps (snow, pong) are taking a _long_ time to load

'import pygame' seems to take 6.3s all by itself, and pygame.init()
takes another .5s.  We should at least add a 'print "Please wait"' or
something, if we can't fix the underlying pygame issue.

>  - Slideshow app in pippy doesn't work at all

I see a 'liboil' error message, but it seems to work for me.  Maybe
you didn't have any photos in your journal when you were trying it?

>  - can't run actual swf files in browser, can only run embedded flash

I was able to reproduce this in Browse, for example, on:
 http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/00sunny.swf
(there's also that annoying 'click to start flash' message).
After installing Adobe flash according to the instructions on
 http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Firefox
this URL worked fine in the Firefox activity.

>  - write app breaks content formatted when reopening saved stuff with defaults

more details please?

In general, it would be helpful if you could file bugs in trac with
issues you've found.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )