A working TuxPaint-2.xo for 8.1 and 8.2, how to update the wiki?

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Mon Sep 15 10:38:53 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Ton van Overbeek <tvoverbeek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think you need to be logged into the wiki in order to edit the
>> Activities page.
> I was logged in and there is no edit tab on the page.
> The G1G1 activities have edit entries in their upper right hand corner
> but all the entries under Activities for Download cannot
> be edited.

The page is semi-protected: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Protect
  "Semi-protection disables editing for users without accounts, or who
have registered within the last 4 days. This protection is generally
only used for vandalism."

I'm guessing you made your wiki account recently?  If not, then I need
to look into this more seriously.

SJ: semi-protection might be a disincentive for new activity authors
to list their activities.  Can we at least explain the semi-protection
policy at the top of the activities page?
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )