Feedback on 759 joyride

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Sep 15 10:37:24 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 6:19 AM, Pia Waugh <greebo at pipka.org> wrote:
> Am I able to make a pre-release signed image myself?

No, but here is one suggestion:

Generate a collection key (see
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activation_and_Developer_Keys) and plug it
into all 60 laptops. It is a quick way of obtaining all the serial
numbers for all the XOs. Send the resultant file to someone with
activation.laptop.org access, they can then generate all 60 developer
keys with ease and send them to you (I think) all in one file. Then
you can copy the developer keys onto the XOs and install unsigned
builds.

It may sound a bit long winded, but be happy that you aren't in
Ethiopia where we are doing exactly that on *5000* XOs! :)

Daniel