A working TuxPaint-2.xo for 8.1 and 8.2, how to update the wiki?

Ton van Overbeek tvoverbeek at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 16:53:29 EDT 2008

Hello,

I wanted to get a working Dutch version of Tuxpaint for my grandson.
The existing TuxPaint-1.xo is difficult to install and non English
versions do not work out of the box (see below).

So I started with a TuxPaint source refresh from the TuxPaint CVS on
SourceForge, updated the Dutch translations (will be submitted to TuxPaint)
and made fixes so TuxPaint works out of the box on both 8.1 (Update.1) and
8.2 (tested on 8.2-760).

Here is my README:
This version (TuxPaint-2) of TuxPaint for the OLPC-XO fixes several issues
with the original version (TuxPaint-1) by Albert Calahan.

I started with a refresh of the TuxPaint CVS on SourceForge d.d. 2008-09-12,
added the XO specific sugarization by Albert Calahan (very good work, thanks
Albert) and did some clean-up.

The following issues are fixed in this release:
- Internationalization works out of the box. In TuxPaint-1 there was a typo
  which caused TuxPaint to look in a parallel tree under TuxPaint.activity.
  (note the trailing dot) for the localized files (.mo and fonts).
- Added the needed libpaper.so in the bundle and modified sugarize.c to add
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH so tuxpaint can find the library.

Other changes:
- Added support for svg (scalable vector graphics) stamps.
- To save space, keep only the smallest version of a stamp if both svg
and png
  versions are available.
- Removed development related files in the bundle. The full source is in
  TuxPaint-2.xo.tar.bz2.
- Updated activity.info with license information.
- Added permissions.info with constant-uid option for 8.2 release.

Ton van Overbeek, tvoverbeek at gmail.com
2008-09-14

I would like to update the existing Wiki pages to make this version
available
for everybodey.
However, there does not seem to be a way to edit the TuxPaint entry on
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities.
I also would like to make it possible that TuxPaint gets picked up by the
software-update utility.
There is also http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Tux_Paint, which is editable, but I
do not know if it is linked to the http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities
page.

Some pointers and help would be appreciated.

Ton van Overbeek