Libertas firmware on F9 for the XS

Ricardo Carrano carrano at laptop.org
Thu Sep 11 08:24:46 EDT 2008

Martin,

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 12:44 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 12:37 AM, Ricardo Carrano <carrano at laptop.org> wrote:
>> The release notes can be acessed here:
>> http://www.laptop.org/teamwiki/index.php/Tech:FW_8388_RELEASE_NOTES
>>
>> 22.p18 is the current version in joyride. Anything older than 22.p14
>> is not recommended at all (quite the opposite).
>
> Thanks for the link. There isn't much info on stability.
>
>  - Which of those releases are considered usable?
>
>  - Which one would be the lowest risk for the XS?
>
>  - Is any of those releases known to work well with the stock F9 kernel?
>
>  - Is any of those releases known to survive long periods of time
> working? (I am seeing a nightly lockup with the AA here, on little or
> no traffic - and people tell me that we have a usb bus reset on the XO
> to workaround a similar condition.)
>
> cheers,

Fedora 9 ships with a 2.6.25 kernel with a new libertas driver.
Because of the changes implemented in this driver, you should use the
latest firmware (22.p18). Please, never use 2.6.25 kernel with older
firmware. The result is the instability you see.

In short, for everyone:
Don't use anything different from 22.p14, 22.p17 or 22.p18. In kernel
2.6.25 use 22.p18.

Cheers!
Ricardo