Expected date for 8.2.0

Douglas Bagnall douglas at paradise.net.nz
Wed Sep 10 18:21:20 EDT 2008

Walter Bender wrote:

> Are we still so wedded to the purity of circles? Simply changing the
> shape of the icon once a connection is made would go a long way. Maybe
> morph into a star? or a sun? Or add the ubiquitous parens around the
> icon a la the indicator light? None of these would adversely impact
> the color-ID scheme.

There has been some discussion on the server-devel list of making a
logo for the XS.  Perhaps the symbol for a connected school server
should match that logo (and a simple mesh should look different -- for
me at least this would save, well, a minute per week).

The thread starts and restarts at:
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/server-devel/2008-September/001896.html
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/server-devel/2008-September/001920.html

This might also focus the minds of prospective designers: rather than
struggling to incorporate the letters X and S, try to make your logo
look like a school.

Douglas