[PROPOSAL] Change PILGRIM_LOCALES_* to better reflect the current situation

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Wed Sep 10 15:09:19 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 15:04 +0530, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
>>> b) To reflect the current and near future deployments (including G1G1
>>> 2008) and the level of translations that we have in Pootle, the
>>> variables get changed to
>>> en:es:ar:pl:pt_BR:pt:it:fr:ht:el:mn:mr_IN:th:am_ET:km_KH:ne_NP:ur_PK:rw:ja:de:tr:te:ps:fa_AF:si

Can we quantify the space tradeoffs here?  If localization is taking a
significant amount of space, it might eventually be reasonable to
install translations *only* for the sugar-related packages, and not
for bash, sed, etc.  But if they are relatively small, you're right,
why not include them all?
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )