Stability and Memory Pressure in 8.2

Nate Ridderman nate.ridderman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 13:20:23 EDT 2008

My layman's understanding is that you can't execute in place from the NAND
flash on the XO. XIP requires NOR flash which is more expensive than NAND
but has faster read speeds. It mentions this briefly on the axfs FAQ.

Storing some executables and libraries in a separate uncompressed partition
seems more plausible, but I can't speculate on the system performance
impact.

Thanks,
Nate