Stability and Memory Pressure in 8.2

pgf at laptop.org pgf at laptop.org
Wed Sep 10 08:18:36 EDT 2008

tomeu wrote:
 > On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 2:05 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
 >
 > > Has anyone got an idea of how to measure the heap by usage?
 >
 > Not from outside python, but from inside we are using heapy:
 >
 > http://guppy-pe.sourceforge.net/

i started down that path yesterday afternoon, and realized that it
wasn't clear to me how i needed to invoke it.  it seems to want
to be imported before you start the rest of your program, which
sort of forces you into interactive mode.  is that your understanding?
i had been hoping to be able to "attach" to the sugar shell process,
in the way one might do with gdb.  perhaps that's not possible.

btw, i continued doing monitoring of the machines i had running:
i need to look again after they've been running overnight when i
get to the office, but the growth i was seeing may be network related,
as tomeu suggested yesterday.  (i had at least one case of no growth
at all when i had disabled the wireless.)

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org