AC not present?

John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Wed Sep 10 06:11:22 EDT 2008

> I know I've said this before, but I really want to get some UI polish
> into this part of the system.  Instead of the cryptic "AC not present"
> we should be displaying a fullscreen graphic picturing the power cord...

A better fix was implemented a while ago.  In the old firmware that
caused this bug report, it refused to boot when there's new firmware
in the filesystem, but no external power.  Modern firmware merely
defers updating itself, and then goes on to boot Linux as usual.

I suspect that pretty-boot users won't even see modern firmware's "No
external power" message; it'll just boot up as always.

	John