Wellington testers + Activities vs 8.2-759

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Sep 9 23:23:35 EDT 2008

NoiseEHC at freemail.hu said:
> There is another bug somewhere in the network stack. With my Belkin
> PreN  router (MIMO chpset), every connection attempt fails which is
> initiated  automatically (asks for a password which almost never
> works). When I  wait until the XO gives up connecting and then click
> on the AP, it  succeeds 100% (gets the password from networks.cfg). It
> looks like a big  fat race condition to me, but unfortunately I do not
> even know where to  start looking at the source so I will not fix it
> that is sure.

I've got a Linksys WRT54GL using stock firmware and WPA 2.

There are no other XOs or XO-servers nearby.

I've seen up to 4 of my neighbors WiFi boxes.  Usually there are only one or
two.

I've rebooted about a dozen times in the past few days.  It connected cleanly
all but once.  That time, it connected after I poked Connect on the right
blob.

Is there some place I can look for more info after it doesn't work?