Expected date for 8.2.0

Pia Waugh pia at softwarefreedomday.org
Tue Sep 9 19:57:58 EDT 2008

Hi Martin,

<quote who="Martin Langhoff">

> XS-0.4 is already out and done -- safe and sane to install, and
> includes a facility that you can use to install the OS updates to the
> laptops. There is also an extra rpm package (being finished now) that
> you can use to serve activity updates. Both require a bit of manual
> intervention to use the local server, but should be a bit easier for
> large numbers of XOs than a purely USB-based upgrade.

Ok, cool.

> XS-0.5 will be out end of Sept or early days Oct.

And 0.5 has the backup stuff built in? That was the functionality I was
hoping to get by Sept 17th :( I'll play with the beta stuff and see how it
goes by the 22nd when I need to implement.

> Hve you still got those notes on proxy configuration? I want them :-)

Sure. Am updating the server installation wiki page right now. I don't have
the server up in front of me but will update the page with further details
in the next day or two.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Server_Installation

Cheers,
Pia