Wellington testers + Activities vs 8.2-759

joe at jotaro.com joe at jotaro.com
Sat Sep 6 18:39:39 EDT 2008

Hi Martin,

Thanks for testing!

> Implode-4
> - works well an 3 XOs tried!
> - The first ("easy"?) puzzle is not one you can use so it's fairly
> confusing.
> whether it's "winnable"?)

Yes, Implode tries to only create solvable boards; the time taken depends
somewhat on the random number generator and increases with the size of the
puzzle.

I'm not sure what is meant by "the first puzzle is not one you can use"...
If you mean that the puzzle is not solvable, that shouldn't happen, and
should be considered a bug if it did.  But I have not yet encountered such a
board; in my experience every puzzle that initially appears unsolvable
turned out to be solvable when I undid a few moves and tried again.  Or did
you mean that "easy" is not easy enough?

Thanks,
-- Joe