Fedora Resources

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Fri Sep 5 00:33:03 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 03:20:18PM -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>there is a ticket open for fedora to provide OLPC infrastructure resources.
>https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/740  Im needing to know
>what it is the OLPC would like?

I think we're looking for a more secure, maintainable version of
teach.laptop.org -- a place where people who lack easy access to
personal or institutional Fedora machines can come and study the 'tools
of the trade' -- mock, koji, rpmbuild, make, spec-files, etc. under the
guidance and supervision of experienced Fedora packagers. (Conceivably,
an appropriate live-cd could be created instead; however, my feeling is
that the server-based approach would work better as a result of
increased ability to learn from the interactions of other students and
teachers.)

Naturally, OLPC would be happy to work with Fedora infrastructure or
packaging folks to bring this idea to fruition; however, it's a bit
larger than what OLPC can easily take on all by itself.

Thoughts?

Michael