Google Chrome activity?

pgf at laptop.org pgf at laptop.org
Wed Sep 3 13:14:48 EDT 2008

carol wrote:
 > According to /. the license includes:
 >
 > *"By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a
 > perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license
 > to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly
 > display and distribute any content which you submit, post or display on or
 > through, the services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling
 > Google to display, distribute and promote the services and may be revoked
 > for certain services as defined in the additional terms of those services."*

however, it also seems that this google EULA covers their
executable, and not their open-source licensed code.  so apparently it's
the case that one could build an equivalent browser using google's
code and not be covered by these terms.  (at least, that's what i
understand from further reading.)

paul