browse and x11 performance

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Sep 3 11:45:28 EDT 2008

pgf at laptop.org wrote:
> bounce works fine in that build -- performance and audio are very
> acceptable.  there's still mouse cursor flicker, i think related
> to the continuous frame-rate display in the corner.  but in newer
> joyrides the whole screen is choppy.

I still fail to understand why we fall back to the software cursor
on the XO, which negatively impacts rendering performance.
Jordan once told me that the Geode supports one hardware sprite
with alpha.

It would be nice if someone could trace it in the code and find
out why it happens.

--
    \___/  Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
   _| X |  Sugar Labs Team  - http://www.sugarlabs.org/