Google Chrome activity?

Ton van Overbeek tvoverbeek at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 09:02:20 EDT 2008

Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
> On 9/3/08, *david at lang.hm <mailto:david at lang.hm>* <david at lang.hm
> <mailto:david at lang.hm>> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
>
>         Anyone here motivated to turn Chrome into an activity?
>

>     don't we need to wait until they have a linux version out? my
>     understanding is that the current release is windows only.
>

> Ah, I must have missed that than, thought it was multi-platform... :-(
>
> Thanks,
> Christoph

The open source project is on http://dev.chromium.org.
There are instructions for a Linux build, but it has the following warning:

Note: There is /no/ working Chromium-based browser on Linux. Although
many Chromium submodules build under Linux and a few unit tests pass,
all that runs is a command-line "all tests pass" executable.

Anyway, since it really targets the high-end (each tab running its own
process with own virtual machine for JS etc.)
I doubt it will run nicely on the XO.
The renderer is based on WebKit.

Ton van Overbeek