CSound server questions

John Maloney jmaloney at media.mit.edu
Mon Sep 1 09:11:13 EDT 2008

Hi, Victor and Bert.

I agree with Bert -- it would probably be most convenient for Scratch
to use the MIDI option, if possible. Ideally, it would work the same
as MIDI does on other versions of Linux, so we could just use the
Squeak MIDI Plugin. That said, I have not explored how the MIDI plugin
works on Linux. Supposedly you can use it to talk to the Timidity
software MIDI synth.

Could we arrange for the shell script that launches Scratch to also
launch the CSound server when Scratch is launched and close it when
Scratch quits?

	-- John