Allowing an activity to be launched multiple times in parallel

Carol Hussein Lerche cafl at msbit.com
Wed Oct 29 19:20:47 EDT 2008

I think this is an example of behavior that should be configurable.  Young
children are impatient and try to launch activities multiple times when the
XO exhibits slow response (see the feedback from various field workers,
including the letter from my daughter the kindergarten teacher last April.)
So perhaps there should be a setting that chooses behaviors suitable for a
young child as distinct from older children and adults.  Are there frequent
occasions where multiple instances of the same activity are needed? or is
this an "advanced" behavior?