9.1 Proposal: Compatibility with desktop applications
Marco Pesenti Gritti
mpgritti at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 19:41:19 EDT 2008
Two high level goals:
* Make desktop applications run without modifications in the Sugar
shell and integrate as much as possible with it.
* Make activities run on a standard desktop, as long as the required
services are installed.
Problems we need to solve to make this possible:
* Our icon classes should be extended to better support non-svg icons.
* Support the startup notification spec.
* Respect the WM_ICON hint.
* Obsolete the BUNDLE_ID X property, make the ACTIVITY_ID one optional.
* Support system installed desktop files, display them in the home
view and allow to launch them.
* Replace matchbox with a fully compliant window manager (which?)
More information about the Devel