Sugar unusable as an e-book reader

karl ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 16:38:27 EDT 2008

On 10/27/08, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:
> On 27 Oct 2008, at 04:19, david at lang.hm wrote:
>
>> I just gave up on trying to use my XO to read e-books (build 767)
>
> I read a number of quite large pdf documents and research papers on
> the XO, Read has been good for me and though there could be some
> additional UI refinements, calling it unusable is quite an attempt at
> trolling.

A little to strong I agree. I read quite a lot of stuff on the XO and
it is quite useful.
The main complaints are similar to yours: the losing of page/zoom info
between reboots.
And I look forward to Firefox downloads to Journal, it is a little
timeconsuming to exit Firefox and open Browse to download a pdf or
other format.

Some annotation tool is probably a must for education.

Karl